Regional Lead Technician
Eyewitness Surveillance is a rapidly growing video surveillance company headquartered in Hanover, MD. As part of Eyewitness’s national expansion, Eyewitness is hiring a Regional Lead Technician in the following areas:
- Indianapolis, IN
- Cincinnati, OH
- Chicago, IL
- Denver, CO
- Dallas, TX
- Raleigh, NC
- Miami-Ft Lauderdale, FL
- Seattle, WA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Baltimore. MD-Washington, DC metro area
- Atlanta, GA
- San Diego, CA
- St Louis, MO
- Detroit, MI
- Cleveland, OH
- Houston, TX
- San Antonio, TX
This position will be based in or near each area. The core responsibilities of the Regional Lead Technician include:
- Leading and collaborating with EWS Project Managers on the execution of IP CCTV installation projects throughout the region
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting analog and IP CCTV equipment at customer locations throughout in the region.
The Lead Technician will report to the EWS Project Manager, and will be part of the team to drive the success of region by working cross-functionally with customer support, internal and external IT groups, customers, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure timely and efficient completion of projects and initiatives and maintain system uptime.
Success for the Lead Technician role is measured by:
- Meeting customer needs and addressing customer service issues promptly
- Prioritizing service items effectively
- Proactively communicating with customers and team members
- Overseeing subcontractors on major service projects and new installations
The Lead Technician will direct, influence, and track the activities and tasks of subcontractors as well as work with other Eyewitness technicians and central support teammates to address issues across the region.
Performs installations and service of IP CCTV equipment including managing subcontractors to bring projects in on time and on budget.
- Ensures that all program and project documentation is completed accurately and on time
- Works to continuously improve project management processes, methods, templates, etc.
- Complies with and supports all corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- High School or GED required. Additional formal training and certifications in related fields a strong plus
- Five years experience in the execution of large, complex IP Video Surveillance Systems in a commercial and industrial setting.
- Proficient in computer networks, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Gateways, routers, switches.
- Proficient in the use and applications of Access Control and Video Servers.
- Working knowledge of electronic and digital test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters and digital cable analyzers.
- Basic understanding of Network concepts and architectures.
- Extended knowledge of DOS and Windows.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics, and operational/product manuals.
- Ability to work overtime, alternate shifts, weekends and take on call to meet customer requirements.
- A+ Certification and Microsoft certification a definite plus.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all licenses required by national, state, and local codes.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented; ability to multi-task
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with change, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Can effectively translate business needs to technology requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Intermediate to Advanced level proficiency for Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and email, and be proficient on various Video Management Software programs. Project Management software, Salesforce and other ticket tracking systems a plus.
Candidate must have a clean driving record; pass a background investigation — no criminal records. Must be in good health and able to work in both office and outside environments. Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 50lbs. Able to perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment, working above ceilings etc.
Compensation: Competitive Salary plus significant bonus opportunities, health and dental benefits, paid vacation, company provided computer, vehicle, and cell phone.
How to Apply
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your resumé, write about who you are, what position you’re interested in, and why.